Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Marching On



Spring is springing, and time seems to be racing along!  Greetings, gentle reader – and welcome to April, 2017.  I feel like I am blossoming into this season, as surely as the unfurling azaleas that line the front fence.  I want to share some cool news with y’all, today!  

While attending Life is aVerb Camp in the scenic mountains of NC last fall, I had the chance to catch up with folks I met originally at the first incarnation of this event 4 years ago…  It was also my first experience as an instructor at Camp – which was way big fun, and something I hope to do again in the future.  As often happens when such an amazing group of folks convene, there were many encounters that resulted in conversations that were continued long after the time we spent together. 

One such conversation was with the lovely Terri Belford of Inspired Livelihood.  Terri’s on-line offerings are jam-packed with excellent information, handy resources, and ready answers to any questions that one may have along the way.  She mentioned that she was assembling a new offering about teaching for creatives.  Interest piqued, I told her I would definitely be honored and interested in taking part.  We stayed in touch as things progressed, I am so tickled to invite you to explore Inspired to Teach!  If you have ever considered sharing your passion with others – whatever it may be – this is an amazing tool.  Speakers include artists, writers, yogis, coaches, event organizers, and more.  I am thrilled to be a part of this line up, and would love to hear your thoughts!

To register, please visit:  Inspired Livelihood - Inspired to Teach  (direct link to registration)

Upon completion of your registration, you'll receive a daily e-mail for 30 days with a mix of written, audio, and video content to accommodate different learning styles.  You will have the material forever, so you can work at your own pace.  I must admit:   I like to save up a few days at a time ;-)  I highly recommend subscribing to Terri' blog, too!


About the title:  In my youth, and well into my adulthood, I played coronet in the Salvation Army Band in Raleigh, NC.  Years of immersion in Hymn Tunes – both the playing and singing of – means that a significant portion of my memory banks are filled with this music and the memories associated with it.  Throughout the month of March *…and where the h3ll did it go in such a hurry, eh?* I caught myself thinking of, humming, and/or tapping a toe to a particular tune.  Thanks to the wonders of the interwebs, I am able to share it with you! *happy am I that the visit of the Reading Songsters to Chatham was recorded*



Time marches on, as do we all!

Onward & Upward,





Azaleas:  front yard in HoCo - Samsung Galaxy S4 
Sheet Music:  from Hymnary.org
Video:  YouTube

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on this newest adventure, my dear friend! Isn't it wonderful when things you love turn into even more things you love??! Can't wait to hear all about your new admirers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, dear one!
      "Its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life for me..."

      Delete

Something to say? I love to receive your comments and observations! * ...oh, OK, any sightings of glaring errors are also welcome ;-) *