Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

I wish for you -- for us all -- a New Year full of health, happiness, and creativity!  ...as I stand here, on the threshold of this vast New Year, I am bolstered by the wonderments and accomplishments and failures of the year just passed.

Wait!  What!?  Did I just say I was bolstered by the FAILURES?!?  ...yep, Yep, YEP!

You see, while I am most thankful and immensely grateful for the successes of 2014 -- and they were many (!) -- I am begrudgingly thankful and nearly as grateful for the failures of '14 as well.  Without them, how would I set new goals?  How would I know that "No." is often just another way of saying "Not yet."?  How do I grow stronger without the occasional set-back to increase my versatility?  ...my resilience?  ...my sheer, incontrovertible desire to make/be/do/create more?

So...  I will embrace this bright, shiny New Year and all it holds in store:  the good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly, the desired, the unexpected.  I welcome all of it, and I look forward to sharing it with you!
 

Over the course of this month, I will gear up for the rapidly unfolding new year, and savor the flavors of the year that has just slipped over the horizon line.  I very much like the idea of moving forward while looking back, just like old Janus -- his youthful visage full of the promise of things to come, and his aged one a reminder of that which has been enjoyed, overcome, and moved to the past.

Onward & Upward!





Words of wisdom for today:

"The highest form of human intelligence
is to observe yourself without judgement.
"

                                    - Jiddu Krishnamurti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Something to say? I love to receive your comments and observations! * ...oh, OK, any sightings of glaring errors are also welcome ;-) *