...as this vast New Year gets underway, I have decided to undertake the immense challenge of establishing/maintaining a blog. "Why would you do such a thing?" you might ask. Well, gentle reader, for the past couple of years, I have been encouraged by several friends to embark on such a journey; but I couldn't really justify taking up the space (?) I mean, really!?! Does the Universe need another blog and/or blogger? More practically, I suppose I should ask: Do I really need another commitment? Besides, I don't know the first thing about all the technicalities of doin' the blog thing ~>:-?
|Tea steeping in my beautiful Christmas gift from The Girl!|
SO... I did what one does when one needs to ponder a largish, weighty matter such as this. I brewed a cup of tea, and played the age old favorite for decision making dilemmas: a game of Pros & Cons! A calming cup o' Chamomile at hand, I more closely examined the pluses and minuses of my foray into Blogland... Of interest, according to Yogi, on this tea bag: "A relaxed mind is a creative mind." Rather serendipitous, wouldn't you say? I have taken it as a positive sign ;-) *'cause I tend to be an absurdly optimistic git!*
Playing for the Pros:
- it's a great way to share the various and sundry happenings and adventures in my life (especially since my mom is totally Anti Face Book) *hi, mom!*
- it's 'my thing,' so the rules would be my own, too -- no sweatin' the small stuff, here...
- it could be a stepping stone to the more disciplined use of my time -- if I really want to make it work, I will have to develop the habit to make it be so *sounds simple enough - ha!*
Playing for the Cons:
- I tend to write the way that I talk... I have no desire to invoke the ire of the Grammar Police (however, I suppose I could just refer them to the second item for the Pros - lol!)
- What if nobody reads it? Well, I happen to think that if a tree falls in the forest it makes noise whether anyone is there to hear it or not... Clear as mud, right?
- What if, what if, what if... The Cons are often the most negative SOBs around; but I have decided that I am not playing their game, this year!
A note on the title for this post: Wonder Hubby (a.k.a. Resident Genius) is, among other things, a programming guru. His expertise in this field is what keeps us both gainfully employed ;-) Recently, he has embarked on his own journey of discovery by delving into the mysteries of a new *to him* programming language: C#. From this I have learned that the first piece of code one writes when working with a new language is always called "Hello World." As this whole blog thing represents a new 'language' for me, it seemed only appropriate to dub my inaugural post thusly!
Onward & Upward!
Words of wisdom for today:
"I don't know the secret to success,
but the key to certain failure
is trying to please everyone."
- Bill Cosby
Taken using Retro Camera app for ANDROID by Urbian - Barbi camera, no flash